Letter of Introduction

Kennan Terzić

*** ***** Avenue

***, NY ***

(917) 345-****

Feb 17, 2020

Prof. Sara Jacobson

160 Convent Ave

New York, NY 10031

Subject: Kennan Terzić’s Letter of Introduction 

Attention: Professor Jacobson

Dear Prof. Jacobson,

To first start off you can refer to me as Ken or Kenny.

I am writing this letter to you, to better our understanding of one another. I am currently 18 years old. I was born and live on an island off the coast of the United states, this island is known as Staten Island. My family comes from Bosnia and Herzegovina, a country part of ex-Yugoslavia. I can speak English and Serbo-Croatian fluently, I am currently learning Spanish as well. To describe my family, they live all around the globe such  as the U.S, France, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Sweden. I have 4 siblings including an identical twin brother named Semir and 3 older sisters.

Some of my talents that I would like to share are in sports in which I have played and still do. In that I have played many sports, though my favorite sports are soccer and the sport of track and field. I have learned many things throughout my time in these sports as they have taught me the importance of discipline and practice. A quote that I remind myself time and time again is that “you are only as good as you practice”.

I would describe myself as a fantastic learner as I am a great listener and am always open to learning a new way of doing something. I would also describe myself as very positive and motivating as I always support my friends, family and my team. My teammates have always told me and my brother that we are very motivating as we had helped them get through tough periods of their athletic journeys. 

Some of my achievements are practicing with professional soccer teams in Europe, acting in various shows/ movies such as the Boardwalk empire, with Steve Buscemi and with Scarlett Johansson. I have also modeled for Ralph-lauren, American Eagle and Polo. I have also been on a commercial for Exxon-Moblile. 

My intended major in college is Civil- Engineering, though I currently have to improve my math skill to get into the Groove school of Engineering, though I am very positive in this, I know it will take a little more time. To elaborate on my goals, academically I want to become a C.E to build buildings, which connects greatly to my professional goals of this field. I have developed inspiration for this field as I really liked to play with LEGOs and buildables. Though most importantly my father, an educated lawyer in ex-Yugoslavia is a general contractor here in the United States, I strive to learn from him and continue the work that he had started. I see this a good job in the future for me as I have a good set of experienced people around me, that can help support me in a way as I am not the first person to walk in these ‘unexplored territories of knowledge’ in a general idea. Outside the realm of education and academia, my major goal is to become a professional athlete.

For the future I honestly do not want any challenges on my future projects in engineering as that is a really bad thing given when building for yourself and within a limited budget. Though in another interpretation, I honestly want to build the best looking and strongest buildings.

I would like you to see me, in the exact way as you see me. As I am confident that my positive attributes are well defined and will be portrayed in our future relations. 

Sincerely,

Kennan Terzić

Kennan Terzić